> On Dec 23, 2005, at 12:28 PM, feste37 wrote:
>
> > How about, teaching TM around the world to many thousands of
> > people and changing their lives for the better?
>
> If it were for free, that would be generous. I honestly doubt if he
> were so generous as you claim, he wouldn't be a billionaire nor have
> time to be the workaholic CEO type.

Your syntax is a bit garbled here, but I think I know
what you're trying to say.

I'll just point out the obvious, that spending all his
time as a workaholic CEO type is what has made possible
teaching TM around the world to millions (not just
thousands) of people.

> I wonder how much was given to the Tsunami victims or the victims of
> 9/11 by him?

No, you don't wonder at all.

There are many charitable organizations and individuals
that have given money to victims of the tsunami and 9/11
(and Katrina, and many other worthy causes).

The TMO, however, is not a charitable organization, it's
an  educational organization that exists to teach people
TM, in the belief that if enough people are practicing
it, there will be fewer disastrous tsunamis and less
terrorism overall. So it doesn't make sense to expend
resources trying to deal with the problem on the level
of the problem instead of dealing with the root cause,
especially when so much charity is flowing from
organizations and individuals whose purpose it is to help
the victims directly.

It's perfectly reasonable to think this is an absurd
belief, or even to criticize MMY for holding it, but
it's kinda silly to attack him for being stingy when
it *is* what he believes, and what he's devoted his
life to attempting to accomplish.