> On Dec 23, 2005, at 1:49 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> >> I wonder how much was given to the Tsunami victims or the
> >> victims of 9/11 by him?
> >>

> > No, you don't wonder at all.
> >
> > There are many charitable organizations and individuals
> > that have given money to victims of the tsunami and 9/11
> > (and Katrina, and many other worthy causes).
> >
> > The TMO, however, is not a charitable organization, it's
> > an  educational organization that exists to teach people
> > TM, in the belief that if enough people are practicing
> > it, there will be fewer disastrous tsunamis and less
> > terrorism overall. So it doesn't make sense to expend
> > resources trying to deal with the problem on the level
> > of the problem instead of dealing with the root cause,
> > especially when so much charity is flowing from
> > organizations and individuals whose purpose it is to help
> > the victims directly.
>
> You didn't answer the question.

It was disingenuously phrased as a question.  I addressed
what you didn't have the cojones to say directly.

 Are you implying they/he gave
> nothing? Not even a small amount?
>
> I'm sure many have died due to these faulty beliefs--really just
> extortion schemes.

No, they died due to the disasters, as you know.

> > It's perfectly reasonable to think this is an absurd
> > belief, or even to criticize MMY for holding it, but
> > it's kinda silly to attack him for being stingy when
> > it *is* what he believes, and what he's devoted his
> > life to attempting to accomplish.
>
> Not according to one of his closest former disciples, Earl Kaplan.

Earl Kaplan has said a whole lot of things.  I'm surprised
anybody would take his word on anything relating to MMY
without solid independent confirmation.