--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> > Well, again, we'd need to know what Hagelin actually
> > *said* in the film, and what Wilber means by "*more or
> > less* every assertion."  If that vague statement makes
> > it all "pretty clear" to you, I'd say you're rather
> > easily satisfied.
>
> A few of the more respected, non-Ramtha scientists in the Bleep
> distanced themselves from the film after it opened saying their
> remarks were edited in such a way as to distort their true purport.

I could be wrong, but I think it was only one of 'em,
at least who said so publicly (David Albert).

> Hagelin did not distanced himself, in fact he subsequently went on a
> tour with other people in the film to promote it.  Doesn't seem like
> hagelin has any problem with the film's science.

Well, we'd need to ask him whether he thought it was
all kosher, I should think.  All we really can say is
that he apparently didn't feel they distorted *his*
remarks.

> Most interesting to me is that this is one of the guys who led the
> charge in ffld in the mid 90s against other teachers popular in
> town, writing an editorial in the local paper saying MMY's
> teachings are the
> only ones that are 100% vedic and life-supporting and MUM had a
> responsibility to protect meditators from other teachers.  Also said
> MMY was giving out PdD level knowledge in spirituality, while these
> other teachers (ravi shankar, gangagi, etc) were
> giving "kindergarten" classes in spirituality.
>
> Funny that this guy has no problem aligning adn touring with
> something as flaky as the Ramtha group.

Indeed.  Be interesting to hear from him directly
as to why he did it.  It's surprising to me that
MMY didn't try to stop him from doing it.