<snip> Sad really--such incredible
> potential Hagelin had. No guru should be allowed to destroy
someone's
> career. <snip>

And let's please remember that John Hagelin is an adult, and as such,
responsible for his choices. It reminds me of people who get scammed
due to their greed. The question I'd ask myself is, what did Hagelin
think he was getting out of this, and why?

To act as if Mr. M or anyone else somehow has some sort of power over
the *adults* in the TMO is a pretty absurd notion. Anyone who has
power over another is *given* that power.