On Jan 23, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Patrick Gillam wrote:

--- authfriend wrote:

Indeed.  Be interesting to hear from him directly

as to why he did it [touring with the "Bleep" crowd].

It's surprising to me that

MMY didn't try to stop him from doing it.

A story about John Hagelin touring:

I'm trying to summon a memory of a conversation

with a former assistant of John Hagelin. This would

have been the late 1980s or early '90s. As I recall,

she said John was under pressure from Maharishi to

tour the country, telling scientists that consciousness

was indeed the unified field. John resisted, saying his

research partners would frown upon it, and more to

the point, it wasn't such a slam-dunk parallel. But

Maharishi persisted, ultimately saying, If you won't

do it, I'll find someone who will. So John did it.

I don't think John did any physics research after that.

That's how I recall it, anyway.

That would certainly fit the output we've all seen in movement literature and promotional materials. Sad really--such incredible potential Hagelin had. No guru should be allowed to destroy someone's career. I wonder if your observation syncs with his publication of "Is Consciousness the Unified Field?"