> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"

> <jflanegi@>

> > > <shempmcgurk@>

> Carolina,
> > > and

> Please
> > > deny
> > > occuring in

> > > Personally, as an American, I find that waging unprovoked war on
> > > others to be so evil and corrupting an influence on the world,
> that
> > > these days it is damned hard to point fingers at any other
> country.
> > >
> > > Granted nobody is perfect, and yet what this country is doing is
> so
> > > horrible, so irredeemable, that other countries' behaviors truly
> > > pale in comparison.
> > >
> > > So, in my opinion, we should first get our own house in order
> before
> > > pointing out the errors of others.
> > >
> > > ...must be a Sat Yuga thang...;)
> > >

> > Gee, Jim an awful lot of fuzzy relitivistic stuff there.... One
> man's
> > evil is another man's duty or at least lesser of evil's. Let's see
> how
> > it works out, statigically.
> >
> > JohnY
> >
> I don't see the fuzz. This ability that many of us have these days
> to look at something so ugly and pointless as war and pronounce it
> as somehow strategic, or a sound solution, is beyond me. It is as
> close to pure evil as anything I can think of.
>
> I know a world war two vet who served in the Pacific as a Marine
> sniper. He had nightmares for *thirty years* nearly every night
> afterwards because of what he had been exposed to.
>
> And it isn't like there aren't alternatives...I proposed back in
> 2001 that we as a country embark on an alternative energy program
> with the same fervor as we had in the 60's to put a man on the moon.
> That would cool down the Middle East immeasurably.
>
> But now I see that this war isn't about oil. It is about bullying,
> and imposing our will on others, and showing the world that you
> can't push around the USA. Oh, and weapons testing. Can't forget the
> immoral weapons testing...
>
> So call it what you will. I call it Sin.

I agree that the best way to settle the middle east would have been to
get off of oil entirely, but that's not what has happened. Many things
in the relative involve choosing the lesser evil, that's why it's
relative. It's not about bullying either, we could do a far better job
at that if that was the goal.

JohnY