> In a message dated 2/26/06 6:17:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> According to the Bible, they didn't want to have to
> share their  prosperity with every stranger who came
> along.
>
> I suspect they could  have found other means, but rape
> was a pretty effective threat, and, as I  said, a common
> means of doing so at that time.
>
> Plus which, they  probably would have enjoyed the actual
> intimidation and humiliation of the  strangers.
>
> Rape generally--including heterosexual rape--is not
> about  sex but about power.
>
> I re read the story of Lot and found nothing about the  people of
> Sodom not wanting to share their prosperity with anybody.

"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her
daughters had arrogance, abundant food, and careless ease, but she
did not help the poor and needy. Thus they were haughty and committed
abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it."
(Ezekiel 16:49-50)

In other words, the "abominations" were secondary.
In becoming arrogant and selfish, they separated
themselves from God and *as a result* descended into
immorality.

Question for you: Which do you think is more immoral,
being homosexual, or raping strangers?

 Perhaps just  the opposite. The
> crowd expected they Angels share themselves with the men and  boys
of Sodom
> while staying in their city. In fact the two angels that came  were
traveling
> and only intended to spend the night in the town square and Lot
insisted they
> come to his home where he prepared a feast for them and they would
be able to
> leave in the morning and be on their way as early as they  wanted.
In fact
> when the crowd demanded to "know" or have sex with the two  angels
and Lot
> refused and offered his virgin daughters instead, the  crowd
became furious and
> told Lot he was an outsider living among  them and had no right to
tell them
> what they could have or not have. The  point of the story was God
had been told
> the people of Sodom and Gomorra were  wicked in every way and He
wanted to see
> for himself. Now I'll  agree,that depriving hospitality to
traveling strangers
> could have  been looked upon as wicked or unkind but remember, they
were
> wicked in every  way. And Laviticus 18:22 describes homosexuality
as an
> abomination in the  eyes of God. Also it says else where in the
Bible that God took the