> In a message dated 2/26/06 12:31:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> But
> remember that the kingdom of God is coming soon.' I tell you, on
the
> judgment day it will be worse for the people of that town than for
> the  people of Sodom."
>
> It appears that as far as Jesus was concerned, the  sin
> of refusing hospitality was far worse than that  of
> homosexuality.
>

> The comparison of homosexuality and  hospitality are not  made here
by
> Christ. What Christ is saying is that the people of a town that
refuses his message
> are in far worse condition because the message was offered  and
rejected
> where as it was never offered to the Sodomites who never rejected
it.

Of course, but why did Jesus choose Sodom for the
comparison?  He didn't just pick it out of a hat;
he used Sodom  because the sinful *behavior* was
similar to that of the town that would reject
Jesus's disciples--the lack of welcome to strangers.

The *punishment* would be worse because they were
rejecting Jesus's message, but to make that very
point he had to choose a town with an equivalent
sin.

Obviously he wasn't suggesting that the towns that
rejected his disciples would be full of homosexuals.

 Try reading
> Leviticus 18:22,Romans 1:18-32,  1 Corinthians  6:9-10.

But why did Jesus choose Sodom for his comparison?