> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>

> only
> > >
> > > So what if your guru DOES ask you to wear a crown in
> > > public? Is it a strain to agonize about your decision
> > > to follow this?
> >
> > If you have to ponder it, even for an instant,
> > you're not a bhakti, no matter what you tell
> > yourself you are.
> >

> This is your definition of bhakti?

No wonder that with such a definition of bhakti you run into major
problems. That makes it clear why Barry thinks there is an inherent
problem in it, and why he doesn't want to have anything to do with it
 anymore. While I agree with the 'innocent affinity', in real life you
simply will have to ponder, and their will be conflicts between mind
and heart etc. Thats part of the path. Its also my experience that
before this occurance of bhakti, there is an occurance of an
aspiration about it, a desire to know about it. Then, at one point,
through some help, it may just happen. But then you have to live with
it, and all the different parts of your being will be exposed to it,
and 'react', und you will have to deal with that.