--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just found my old notebook, where I had written it down (I wasn't
present, its just a copy that was circulated at some courses):

"Every day is life. It is not that we pass on the present for some
glorius future. We are working out unity, but it should not be thought
that we begin living life when in unity. Every day is life. Don't keep
on planning. All the days would be lost. Live simpler form of
awareness. Don't entertain conflicts. That in itself is the mechanics
of success of the future. Life must be lived in its fullness every
day, every hour. Complications don't lead us anywhere. Too complicated
is not the direction in the age of enlightenment. Nature is the most
efficient organizer. The technique of accomplishment is desire, coming
back to the self and becoming unbounded."

The last sentence is obviously a reference to the siddhis. Was that
the time? Could it have been around 76 / 77. Also the phrase 'simplest
form of awareness' was in use some time, maybe at the start of the
siddhis. I can definitely say that the above quote was copied by me,
as it was circulated on copysheets at this time.

I also found the quote with the 'smoke of a rotten bus':

"We should be very natural and easy about life. We are not to be
anxious about activity or meditation. Everything is tested by how
quickly our desires get fulfilled - by our achievements. Never should
we be anxious. When the time comes even the chirping of a bird could
be the stimulus for enlightenment - even the smoke of a rotten bus.
Its the next stage of awakening. There is nothing spectacular about
it. Don't think about where we are. Don't think that New York is
horrible. One can get to the sap while remaining on the hard point of
the sap (thorn?). We can get anywhere. The atmosphere we don't mind.
It's a very wrong emphasis that the atmosphere is bad and therefore we
get drained. It's the karma of our practise. Once we don't make a fuss
about our environment, then nature will take care of us. It will put
us in the right environment. Be easy and natural"

Seeing this quote in retrospect, and realizing that many people got
awakenings after leaving the movement or while doing so, phrases like:
'Don't think about where we are' and 'It will put us in the right
environment' take a completely new meaning. Thinking about this, I
remember having heard, that MMY had once said to Mrs. Eickhoff (german
who founded the first european TM residence), that many people would
come to the movement who would just pass through, and belonged to
another path. It is very clear to me, that he always saw things from a
broader perspective, quite to the contrary what is usually said or
thought in the movement.