--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, defenders_of_bhakti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
> > <Irmeli.Mattsson@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Although I think that also God makes mistakes and learns
> > > through and from them.
> >
> > Question on this one point: By what standard can it
> > be said that God makes mistakes?
>
> On the basis of this is of course gnostic thinking (Freemasonree,
> Rosecrucians). The basic idea behind it, is that creation is like a
> prison. I still believe that it owes a lot to Buddhism, possibly
> even the Upanishads, who say, that the Gods keep man like cattle.
> In Tantra there is a term calling it the 'original ignorance' Why
> would ignorance be there at the first place, if the creation was
> perfect, just as it is?

Ignorance *of what*?

You can only have "ignorance" by comparison with
something else that is not ignorance.  Ignorance is a
lack of some sort.  Where is what is lacking in
ignorance to be found?

Here's what I'm getting at: If God makes mistakes,
if creation is imperfect, where is the perfection
that is lacking?

Or to put it another way, what is it that we're
calling "God"?  If what we're calling God makes
mistakes, then this God cannot be the ultimate,
because there has to be perfection for there to
be a mistake.