--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am curious, do you remember him specifically saying "You should all
> do this ...". Or did you extrapolate that from him citing a practice
> -- in a general reference?
>
> If it was a "technique" to be practiced, why didn't he specifically
> give TM teachers instructions on how to do, and create "baby"
> initiations, to supplement the formal "childrens" technique all
> teachers were taught. It seems odd to me he would not do the above if
> he intended it as a formal technique.

In reflecting on the original lecture where he mentioned Vak being
whispered, I think he said, it was the practice that when a baby was
born into a family of seers, then Vak was whispered in their ears...

If I am remembering this correctly, then it is quite an extrapolation
to think this was a practice he was encouraging all to use in the
modern world, among "non-seer" families. Its sort of like him
describing the sacred thread ceremony, or shaving of a boys head at a
certain age -- all traditional hindu practices --  and having everyone
extrapolate from that that he was encouraging these practices as
something "everyone should do today."

He mentioned AV practices in Fuiggi, but did not encourage everyone to
run out and get AV medicines. He said just the opposite -- that one
should not do AV unless they really know what they are doing. (I
gulped a bit at that in that I had a shipment of AV remedies from
India (Sivananda) being shipped to Fuiggi. I loved their Chavanaprash.

At times, in the old days, he mentioned jyotish, but this did not
imply he wanted everyone to do it. In fact, prior to around 1990 with
the "official" M Jyotish, he told people to specifically NOT to do
jyotish. (And got quite mad at teachers getting readings from Mr.Ghandi.)