> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Comment below:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <no_reply@>

> > newborn's
> > they had
> Transcendent.

> practice.

> > "the
> and what
> technique to

> when
> > > >
> > > **END**
> > >
> > > I was on the Mallorca/Fiuggi course.
>

> I was in Fuiggi also, for rounding. I was thinking about another
> instance of M's displearure at misinterpretation of "instructions" --
> I think it was at that course. Perhaps it was another.
>
> We were in long rounding and someone passed up a note with a question
> about bathing. They said a "teacher" had told them not to bath right
> after asanas or mediating so "when can we bath, since we are doing
> asanas or meditating all the time?" M. "hit the roof", "furious",
> paraphrasing -- "what teacher is telling you this?!!!!! I didn't give
> such instructions. Who is giving instructions counter to mine. You are
> rounding all the time. Of course you will be bathing sometimes after
> TM or asanas. Who told you not to do this???? "
>
> The "misunderstanding" came from the asnas booklet, I think, which
> said to bath before asanas. To me, it pointed out the problem of
> extrapolating some comment to other contexts. My sense  is this is
> what happened with the Vak comments. People heard directly, others
> heard 2nd or 3rd hand, and "extrapoloated" this was something to be
> done to all newborns. From the follwo up lecture I heard,  it was
> clear to me, M did not intend this, and did not give specific
> directions to use this as a technique.
>
> I am curious, do you remember him specifically saying "You should all
> do this ...". Or did you extrapolate that from him citing a practice
> -- in a general reference?
>
> If it was a "technique" to be practiced, why didn't he specifically
> give TM teachers instructions on how to do, and create "baby"
> initiations, to supplement the formal "childrens" technique all
> teachers were taught. It seems odd to me he would not do the above if
> he intended it as a formal technique.

**END**

Two things: there was no intention on my part to dispute your own
recollections of what you heard Maharishi say.  We may both be
accurate in our memories; Maharishi wasn't always consistent.

And two, you might be correct, and I may have taken what I heard as
instructions that he may not necessarily have meant as such.  He
certainly did not say that "you should all do this" or any other
similar reference.  And I did not take what he said as a "technique"
in the sense that you refer: as some sort of adjunct or precursor to
TM, part of the formal teaching of meditation.

However, I *did* take it as a specific directive and acted
appropriately.  I never spoke about it (till now) except with my
(then) spouse who had also similarly heard and understood what
Maharishi said on the issue.  I never taught it.  I just followed it.
 I'm glad that I did.