--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_astute_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@> wrote:

> > Do your friends laugh at the shriner hospitals BTW?
> > >

> > Do you think rajas are like shriner hospitals? I have seen many laugh
> > at shriner circuses though. I'm sure telling people with a newly
> > kindled interest in TM that they actually paid to look like that would
> > definately inspire them to start TM.
> >
> > JohnY
>
> I can imagine you guys as consultants to the catholic church centuries
> past:
>
> "Hey, the public will never go for these robes and crowns and big
> fancy marble churches. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! I mean this church is
> about ministring to the poor. If you put the pope in fancy gowns and
> three foot golden headwear, mark my words, its the END of the Church,
> No spiritually hip person, no elite, no poor will come within 100
> miles of the church. It will  NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! happen!!!!!
>
> Uncli, Joyoue and Vaja Consultants
> 432 AD

That's our point.  (1) The TMO is making itself look like a medieval
religion.  If it wants to market itself that way it can, but according
to most of the faithful here that's not what the TMO is about.  (2)
The Church did lose it's proper focus on the simple teachings of jesus
just as the TMO is losing its focus.

I think one could argue that the spiritually hip and aware have indeed
avoided the institutional church ever since about 432 AD.