Thanks for the well thought-out post.  I dig Paul Kurtz ,and as I
posted before, his books helped me sort out my perspective options
when I changed my view on what the epistemological implications of
transcendent experiences.  I'm glad you got my point about
communication.  I can't imagine anyone relating to the term as applied
to themselves.  I can apply it to stuff I used to believe quite
comfortably.  But I don't think you can get around the pejorative
implications.  It connotes false belief anyway we slice it.

Anyway you got my point.  We all have our own goals here.  I don't
assume I know what yours are.  But I do enjoy the material you are
presenting.  I also dig that here I get versions of beliefs that I do
not necessarily share, but which remind me that thoughtful people are
putting their world view together with different tools, and it
stretches me to hear it.

So do we know each other from the old days?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new_morning_blank_slate

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:KYij76M6zW0J:www.humanismtoday.org/vol13/kurtz.html+kurtz+magical+thinking&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM