Get Amadeus, first off.

Then, a quick-n-dirty a/d converter is the iMic. I use a superior Edirol UA-1A
connected to
a mixing board.

On your Mac, create a new user that has no haxies running. Run Amadeus from
that
personality so that your hard drive is as unbusy as possible while you are
recording. You'll
get the cleanest result if you can record onto a reformatted hard drive other
than the one
with your OS, ideally with 8M of ram cache.

Normalize your Amadeus recording and then break it up into segments for
conversion to
separate mp3s.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lik1AB/fOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM