On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:15 PM, authfriend wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> standard

>>> You've posted this here before, as I recall, Vaj.
>>
>> Yes, that's right Judy. Thanks for noticing. :-)
>>

>>> Explain to us again (a) why we should be impressed
>>> that Wilber can do a "blank wave" on a home EEG
>>> unit;
>>
>> Because of the *style* of samadhi this is indicative of (to put it
>> in TM lingo) is that of Unity Consciousness.
>
> And we know that a "blank wave" on a home EEG unit is
> indicative of a Unity Consciousness style of samadhi
> because...?

Apparently someone needs to do some research!

>> However it should also be noted this relates to a different path
>> than -> PC -> CC -> eventually leads to UC.
>
> It sure is.

Is it?

>  Instead it should be seen as UC
>> grasped as the path (unusual because you are taking UC *as the
> path*,
>> rather than as an *end state*) and maturing into BC (to use the TM
>> metaphor).
>>
>>> and (b) why we should be disheartened (or
>>> gleeful, if we're TM critics) that we've never heard
>>> of a TMer doing a "blank wave"?
>>
>> Because we should realize and make the connection that *dualistic
>> methods lead to dualistic states of consciousness* (e.g. the
>> witnessing artifact, which is an artifact of a dualistic
>> meditation method).
>
> But which (as you know, and just said above) is a
> transitional feature in terms of UC.

I assume you are referring to GC?

I'm sorry I don't buy the GC fallacy Mahesh has fed you.

Either would Shankara...

> We still need to know, however, why a "blank wave" on a
> home EEG machine should be assumed to represent a nondual
> state of consciousness (and presumably why "nonblank waves"
> on a home EEG machine should be assumed to represent a
> dualistic state of consciousness).

Like I said, if you do not understand *why*, it sounds like you need
to do some more hunting--or some more exploration in terms of the
*spectrum* of meditative practices...

I can't do it for you Judy.

>  That's not in any way to imply that dualistic states of
>> meditation are *bad* or *lesser* than other forms of meditation.
>> Instead they should be understood as a continuum naturally
> occurring
>> in meditative praxis. However, it should not be missed that *one
> is
>> much faster than the other!*

> verify
>>>
>>> Oh, and while you're at it, (c) why making a "flat" EEG
>>> (on a home machine) should be considered a requirement
>>> for those claiming access to a nondual state?
>>
>> It's not a *requirement*, merely one possible, measurable
>> signature...that's all.
>
> OK, that's not what you said, however.  I guess you
> just miswrote.

LOL. No, it just a refinement of what I previously hinted at. You
missed it.

If you don't "get this", that's fine. It's probably just an artifact
of your paradigm. Not unusual for people who are indoctrinated in
*any* school of thought (or belief).

That's why yogis who practice the path of Unity Consciousness
emphatically say "don't get caught in a "school"".