> > *dualistic
> >>>

> > You are absolutely right. However both the dualistic nature of
this
> > meditation [TM] and the witnessing artifact are indicators of the
> > state of consciousness of the practitioner at an intermediate
stage
> > of the practice, vs. the solely dualistic nature of TM.
> >
> > TM is initially and necessarily experienced as meditation of a
> > dualistic nature because its practice subjects the active mind to
> > its silent source. As the practice matures, the active mind and
> > silent source exist simultaneously, dissolving the dualistic
nature
> > of both the experience and the meditation.
> >
> > Did you hear that TM is a dualistic meditation from someone? If
so,
> > I'd be curious to know who.
>

> Well, that's a long story I wouldn't recount here Jim, but yes it
is
> by it's very nature. But I do feel the sequence of meditation
given
> in Dzogchen Semde (Skt: Chittamatra) does elucidate the path from
> dualistic to inseparability to "self-perfection":
>
> -quiescence/transcendence (TM)
> -Vipasyana
> -non-dual
> -self arising perfection

I respectfully disagree with the placement of TM on this path. Just
because there is an initial and unmistakable dualistic nature to the
beginning practice of TM, or possibly any mantra meditation, the
achievable goal of TM is to experience a non-dual state, whereby the
experience of the mantra, the pure empty mind, and the active mind
are all experienced as one, each supprted experientially by the
source of mind. Limiting the experience of TM to that of just
transcendence is only seeing a partial picture.