> Did you update your TM sadhana via Amma (e.g. did
> you have her
> transmit your own devata to what your TM ishta
> was?). Just curious
> how many others have done this.

No. I did get a mantra from Amma two or three years
ago, but that was after I quit TM. When I first saw
Amma for darshan, in July 1999, I was going through
the process to get a mantra, but one of the seva
workers told me they did not recommend it if I already
had a mantra from a different guru that I wished to
continue using, so I did not ask Amma for a mantra. I
quit TM and the TM sidhis for good in October 2002,
during a VortexHealing class in Germany, and so had no
issues with getting a mantra from Amma after that. The
way Amma does the mantras is the seva workers will ask
if you want to have one for a particular deity, such
as Krishna, and she gives it according to that
request. You can also request one that does not
involve a deity, such as a mantra for love. I know a
long-time TM sidha in Providence who had his TM mantra
empowered by Amma and liked it a lot.

Amma's mantra is not part of my daily sadhana. Just
the other techniques I mentioned before.

http://mail.yahoo.com