> > Of course, what COULD be done about the dynamite?
> >
> If someone really cared, they could have thrown themselves on
> top of it just as it was exploding and sacrificed themselves
> for the other course participants. But NO....

It never really bothered me that much. They had
these little compressed-air-powered horns that
they'd fire off three times before each blast
as a warning to the other workers. It was like:

  HONK!  HONK!  HONK!  . . .  B O O M ! ! !

I always thought it'd be fun if some worker
figured out that the adjoining hotels were full
of...uh..."sensitive" meditators and one day
they just let loose with the horns:

  HONK!  HONK!  HONK!  . . .  (nothing...no blast)

I'd betcha some people would have lost it
heavily at that point.  :-)