TurquoiseB wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "nablus108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>I've seen them, except Kunyamari, and Bob Brigante is absolutely
>>right. I have also seen Tatwala Baba, Mustem Baba, Sripad Baba and
>>quite a few other Yogis, Babas and Gurus; no one even comes close to
>>the light which radiates from Maharishi. I must add though, that the
>>light coming from Shri Chinmoy is also very strong indeed.
>>

>This is actually interesting if you know anything about
>Sri Chinmoy. He is generally regarded in the spiritual
>community as being able to emanate a certain *kind* of
>energy or aura or light, one that is associated with the
>occult. In other words, he is famous for being able to
>flash people out with a "cheap," flashy, low-grade type
>of energy, one that is very noticeable by people with
>unsubtle nervous systems. As opposed to someone who is
>just quietly enlightened, and would not be noticeable
>at all.
>
>It's an interesting distinction in the types of energy
>that one "feels" around spiritual teachers, one that
>has been discussed on many forums that deal with multiple
>teachers. It doesn't surprise me in the least that what
>nabius felt from Maharishi is similar to what he felt
>around Sri Chinmoy. I've never seen Sri Chinmoy, but I
>have read dozens of these discussions about the type
>of energy he radiates, and it is consistent with any-
>thing I ever felt around Maharishi. That is, occasionally
>some cheap flash, but never any energy that I personally
>would associate with enlightenment.
>
>Your mileage may vary...

A lot of these gurus prep before doing a public appearance by doing
extra meditation.  That way they emanate more shakti during the
performance.  I prefer to know them in their day-to-day mode without the
special prep. :)

That being said the woman saint that Maharishi brought with him to my
TTC glowed like a light bulb.  A sight I will never forget and have not
seen since.