--- curtisdeltablues wrote:

> I agree with your point that blending crazy
> beliefs and explosives takes the whole discussion out of the
> theoretical and into the world of "holy shit!
>
> --- Dave" <bikemaster@> wrote:
> >
> > with people strapping on bombs and blowing
> > themselves up in coffee houses because they believe that 70 virgins
> > will greet them in paradise, it hits a lot closer to home.

A short time before 9/11/2001, I read or heard
somewhere that terrorism arises from a deep sense
of hopelessness and powerlessness. But I'm surprised
that with all my reading, I haven't run across any kind
of compelling discourse as to why terrorists kill civilians
and themselves. Has anybody run across a cogent
essay somewhere that has some insight into terrorism?
Or do you have some insights yourself? Anyone. Thanks.