In a message dated 8/12/06 10:01:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Do the Chinese believe in equal rights for women?
Do they believe in the right of the elderly to a
reasonably comfortable old age, by government means
if necessary? Do the Chinese believe access to
reliable birth control is a human right?

> Don't we believe that reproductive rights are a human
> right which is universal.

Again, you're trying to make this into an abstraction.
If the Chinese believed in and implemented the other
rights I outlined, the issue of whether one has the
right to abort selectively based on gender would be
far less likely to arise in the first place.

Evidently the Chinese have made their decision. It's OK.