--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I think Jehova chose them to punish Israel, because they were such
> > > A-holes, or stuff. Wasn't that near destruction of Israel even
> > > predicted in the Bible?
> >
> > Right, including hundreds of thousands of children
> > who weren't old enough to have become A-holes yet.
>
> What?! How can "they" refer to a singular noun "Israel"?
> At least the more likely antecedent should IMO be "them".
> Perhaps a native speaker of English perceives that
> differently...
> I meant of course that Nazis were A-holes. But OTOH
> those babies had been old enough several times to accumulate
> enough bad karma to be treated like that.
> It's weird that many people seem to think the laws of karma
> don't apply to Jews.

See my remarks to Judy. If you want to speculate about your own past lives,
that's one
thing, but to speculate about the past lives of other people in this context is
stupid. The
Nazis chose to act the way they did. This wasn't some natural disaster with no
direct
connection to human actions. If the Nazis were the "Instrument of Karma" it was
because
they WANTED to be.