--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wmurphy77 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wmurphy77 <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > > To understand this is to understand and love MMY. Many have
come
> > > Yoga because MMY has simplified the esoteric teaching of India
> > > comform to modern standards and receiptivity; though, in the
end
> > > personal *guru* may be necessary to achieve final
illumination.
> > MMY is
> > > NOT a personal guru!
> > >
> > > Did you think MMY was going to spill all the beans for every
Tom,
> > Dick
> > > and Harry? NO, he still has not released all of the knowledge
> that
> > is
> > > available, however, this knowledge will only be given to those
> who
> > > apply themselves and *merit* it, and that is where a personal
> guru
> > > comes in.
> > >
> > > Keep on meditating...it's a good technique but there is much
yet
> > to be
> > > revealed! IMHO!
> > >

> > Bill: so you don't feel that all you need is the TM technique to
> > unfold 100% of mental potential?
>
> I'm not sure Shemp, sometimes I feel a personal Guru might be
> necessary and sometimes not! Why is it though, Shemp, all well
known
> Saints....had Gurus?

I don't know.

But MMY says that all that is needed is TM.

That's why I see a dilemma for True Believers in this area: if they
feel they need to do MORE than TM and take MMY as their personal
guru, then they are implicitly admitting that TM by itself is not
enough.

But if they do that, then they are spitting in the very face of the
very guru they have taken on because that guru has told them that
they do NOT need a guru to get full enlightenment.

Quit a little conundrum...