--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mark robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2005, at 11:36 AM, mark robert wrote:
>
> ut such a violent symbol is so attractive to societies like ours
> that are so obsessed with violence. Think of the crucifixion as a
> barometer for the general state of mental health; as long as the
> symbol stands, so does the mass-neurosis. Good luck removing this
> major cultural icon of the West.

The crucifixion was devised as a method of terror and execution by the
Roman's; it's message:
Follow the rules, or else this will happen to you, also.
Many thousands of Jews were executed this way.
So, it is the symbol of our culture, that life is suffering, and then
you die.
You don't resurrect- only Jesus can do that...
So, the whole teaching of Jesus, got perverted, in so many ways...
As a matter of fact;
All of the teachings of the Masters, whether it be Buddha, or all of
the rest, are interpreted by the unenlightened followers.
So, what do you expect.
After all, Bush thinks that Jesus told him to invade Iraq...
Jesus has been used to justify all kinds of demonic actions...
Didn't those Jesus folks used to burn witches at the stake.
Now, there's a spiritual ceremony!
R.G.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional