> I always loved that metaphor, which comes from ancient collections
of
> sayings preserved in the Sutras of Nyaya, the dehlidipa
> (dehalIdIpa ?), the light of the threshold which illuminates two-
> things-at-once.

R: Very cool! Many thanks.

R: > I haven't attended the conferences directly with MMY lately,
but I
> > am told he is now elaborating on what I've called the Dark Night
of
> > the Soul, which he apparently is calling Durgatamas. He has
> > reportedly lately been saying one has to go through Hell (the
> > undivinized relative) to get to Heaven, wherein the relative
> > (chandas) becomes lit with and identical to consciousness
(rishi),
> > turning Durgatamas into Madhachandas -- which cardemeister could
> > translate better than I, but appears to be the honey-gold Heart-
> > reality of the "absolute" relative, the Solar Angel or Brahma
(n). It
> > is a lot of fun to see him embracing and describing stuff I had
> > make up words for, or felt I had to go foraging into other
> > traditions to find concepts for.

V: This is great stuff. Thanks for sharing this. In my practice
> tradition we call it "The Mind of Near Black Attainment". That's
the
> first time though I'd heard of Durgatamas. Even the Kabbalist's
have
> methods for arriving across the abyss, into the lead-blackness of
> binah, and they descend into daath/the abyss and emerge
(hopefully)
> on the "other side". The Gnostic "IAO" can also be seen as Isis-
> Apophis-Osiris, where this is a formula concealing easy practice
> (Isis), death-hell-dark night and reemergence (Apophis, the
> Destroyer), transformation, arising transfiguration/resurrection
> (Osiris, Jesus, etc).

Yes! Then there's what I would call "another" blackness (appearing
for me after Dark Night/Durgatamas, but perhaps the same from
another vantage point), appearing as a maternal velvety black, from
which emerge the unfoldments of prakriti...A course participant was
describing this early on in the course, and MMY was giving the
sequence, and pointing out the velvety-grainy texture as being the
particles of creation, of *memory* ... which while exactly the
sequence in which all that unfolded for me (and some others) many
years ago, I had never thought to look at as memory...meanwhile I
was remembering all of this *lol* and also (over the whole course)
experiencing the unfoldments of prakriti *again* from a whole new
clarity/profundity, as the result of my innocent ordinary attention
on my particle/devatas...

Anyway, a lot of fun! :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional