--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> >

> > --- suziezuzie <msilver1951@> wrote:
> >
> > > How would you evaluate the following.
> > >
> > > Enlightenment is defined as stabilized Being or Self
> > > during the three
> > > states of consciousness, waking, dreaming, and deep
> > > sleep. The Self
> > > is not overshadowed, an aspect of the nervous system
> > > is able to
> > > maintain that fullness at all times.
> >
> > I know this is not your main question, but NO aspect
> > of any NERVOUS SYSTEM is responsible for maintaining
> > the fullness of Being. Using your conceptualization
> > you could say that the nervous system is responsible
> > for different conditions of  MIND. It has absolutely
> > nothing to do with BEING.
>

> Of course no NERVOUS SYSTEM is responsible for maintaining
> the fullness of Being. It IS, maintains ITSELF, as well
as "creation",
> on its own. Saying that no NERVOUS SYSTEM is responsible for
> maintaining the fullness of Being as significant and substantial as
> saying 1=1. Its a truism.
>
> The real question in this regard is, IMO: is a nervous system
> necessary to REFLECT the fullness of Being -- Being which is
> self-sufficient unto itself.
>
> As I have asked before, if a nervous system is not necessary to
> REFLECT or experience Being/Pure Consciousness,
> does a rock experience Pure Consciousness?
>
> See below
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/118694

***************

A rock does not experience pure consciousness, it's locked into a
limited state -- but humans have the ability to act in a way that
increases their ability to process awareness or reduce it.

Just as each of the human senses filters out input from the
environment, giving each creature the input it needs (forexample,
dogs and other predators need to hear high-frequency sounds, humans
don't), the mind is a sixth sense which filters awareness. When the
mind is completely sattvic (transparent), it gets all the awareness
signal (becoming no-mind really, since it does no filtering of
awareness). When that full experience of awareness is maintained 24/7
(cosmic consciousness, a state you cannot fall out of), the existence
of the body is no longer relevant, since one knows completely that
his self is that bliss consciousness, and is just a silent witness to
all activity, the body being no more important than other aspect of
the physical environment.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: