--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
wrote:

> > --- suziezuzie <msilver1951@> wrote:
> >
> > > How would you evaluate the following.
> > >
> > > Enlightenment is defined as stabilized Being or Self
> > > during the three
> > > states of consciousness, waking, dreaming, and deep
> > > sleep. The Self
> > > is not overshadowed, an aspect of the nervous system
> > > is able to
> > > maintain that fullness at all times.
> >
> > I know this is not your main question, but NO aspect
> > of any NERVOUS SYSTEM is responsible for maintaining
> > the fullness of Being. Using your conceptualization
> > you could say that the nervous system is responsible
> > for different conditions of  MIND. It has absolutely
> > nothing to do with BEING.
>

> Of course no NERVOUS SYSTEM is responsible for maintaining
> the fullness of Being. It IS, maintains ITSELF, as well
as "creation",
> on its own. Saying that no NERVOUS SYSTEM is responsible for
> maintaining the fullness of Being as significant and substantial as
> saying 1=1. Its a truism.
>
> The real question in this regard is, IMO: is a nervous system
> necessary to REFLECT the fullness of Being -- Being which is
> self-sufficient unto itself.
>
> As I have asked before, if a nervous system is not necessary to
> REFLECT or experience Being/Pure Consciousness,
> does a rock experience Pure Consciousness?

I remember your question. Its a great question. I can easily
conclude that the rock IS Pure Consciousness. Does it experience PC
though? I don't know. I have to first ask myself, what is the range
of experience of a rock? Does it feel its temperature as it changes,
does it feel water as it cools it? I recall Maharishi saying rocks
have awareness, because they crack. I don't know the answer to your
question.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: