> In a message dated 10/26/06 4:24:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> However  it still does not explain how come a billion people in
the
> far East have  no problems with eating dogs, cats, bears, etc.
> whereas it is repugnant to  90% of western meat-eaters.
>

> Our culture has adopted dogs and cats as pets, object of
affection, and we
> have had plenty of other options for food. Some people do  eat
bear. or at
> least try to.>>

Fair enough, but the reason I asked is that when I mentioned to
Westerners that people in the Far East eat dogs, one response was
that there is something unsavory about eating a meat-eating animal.
I think that is a silly reason, although I too would find it strange
if I were a meat-eater. That is why I asked the question.

OffWorld

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: