Are we going to live in Paradise.?? Happily ever after.??

    Heaven on Earth.  Jai Guru Dev.

jim_flanegin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:17:59 -0000
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Pandits are HERE!

Great News- It appears that those in Fairfield have transformed the
destiny of the country and the world- Congratulations! and Thank
You!!
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:03:36 -0500
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Pandits are HERE!

From: Roses Derise <homeonthefarm@ iowatelecom. net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:19:56 -0500

Dear Friends,

The pandits are here!

You probably know the story about Krishna holding up the sky with one hand with everyone else coming with their broomsticks to "help." Over the last few days, there have been a lot of broomsticks at work, and a miracle has happened. Those monstrously ugly, old, hopelessly rundown frat buildings are being transformed, right in front of one's eyes, into what one person called "four star hotels." No one would have thought such a transformation was possible. A few days ago light fixtures were dangling, plumbing was leaking, clogged, or broken, carpet was ragged, walls were dirty and broken, doors were missing, knobs didn't work, windows were broken or hung in broken sashes--it was a tenement building.

But when it was understood that the pandits were really coming, the call went out for volunteers. When I went to see what I could do to help, I was enthralled by what I saw. It wasn't people who responded to that call--it was saints. I am acquainted with people whom I believe to be enlightened, but anyone can be enlightened- -not everyone becomes a saint. Predominately, these people were saints. I didn't see any mood- makers there (it's hard to maintain a mere mood when you've worked until 1:00 A.M. many nights in a row) but what I did see was, again and again, upstairs and down, faces  that glowed through fatigue with an innerluminescence, a simple and pure spirit of service. Many of them had not eaten since lunch, some not since breakfast. Yet everyone was smiling and moving swiftly. With so much happening so fast there was much confusion, yet I heard no complaints. There are soldiers on a battlefield soaked in blood and terror; here the battle for world peace was being waged with mops and paint brushes, screwdrivers and glue, love and helping hands ... and smiles.

There's a lot to thank donors for, but I don't think we could have raised the money to pay for having this done. I don't think there is a construction company on earth that would have been willing to contract for that much renovation in such a short time.  Day before yesterday, I tripped over loose tiles while putting painter's tape over light fixtures in the pathetic, dingy, barren lower hall of Building 114. That's how bad it was. But twenty four hours later, the magic had happened. In the same room, I passed the entourage with Raja Wynn as he toured the all-but-finished building and overheard John Runkle say, in a marveling tone, "This is so nice I'd be willing to move in here myself!"

Indeed, it was very nice--new paint, carpets, and repairs throughout, with everything functional, even pretty! Each room was pristine clean with new paint and carpet, and had two beds of blond wood hand-made by MUM's carpenter, with new futon mattresses all made up with fresh bedding and new towels and wool blankets. Colorful new curtains, attractive incense burners, and welcome gifts gave each room a warm and cozy feeling. If I were an incoming guest, I would have felt honored to be given such a room. In the interior lobbies, large pots of colorful silk flowers gave a feeling of the colors of the pandits' homeland. More silk flowers made even the stairwells feel bright and cheerful and welcoming.

Downstairs, the cooking area had been transformed into a glistening self-sufficient kitchen with new commercial-sized stoves, refrigerators, and dishwashing equipment. The dining area was really charming. MUM's carpenter had created long, low tables at which there were colorful cushions for seating. A serving table had been prepared full of all manner of prasads in gold-colored dishes, and hot milk was ready to serve. Outside, miniature lights crowned the new perimeter fence.

The pandits arrived about midnight. In respect for their tradition, the ladies had all left so the rest of my story came from my husband who was part of the welcoming committee who lined the entrance pathway with sparklers. He said when the young men arrived, they didn't look tired, yawning, and disorderly as most of us are when we've traveled through several time zones over a period of several days, but appeared to be clear-eyed  and conscious, as if they were fully focused on their mission here. Upon hearing that they were young men, in their twenties and thirties, I had imagined that they would be a naturally rowdy group. But instead of gawking with curiosity or confusion at unfamiliar surroundings, my husband said they appeared remarkably self-contained, silent, and dignified. Their chanting before partaking of the treats and hot milk they had been served, was deeply moving, he said.

There were 49 in this group. There are 451 yet to come and several more buildings in which miracles must happen before they can arrive. Please come to feel for yourself that buoyant pleasure that happens when one is in the flow of nature on the move, when one is serving nature and the cause of world peace, and when one is transforming not just an old decrepit frat house, but the world itself.

Namaste,

Roses

Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap PC-to-Phone call rates. __._,_.___