Well I can cop to my own waking state ignorance, but I never heard MMY
deny the details or the caste system contained in the Vedic texts in
this way.  Sanatana Dharma is in full support for the caste system and
Guru Dev was its champion.  So even though your point may be valid in
MMY's system for the 4 main Vedas, the texts that came later make
specific claims about the world.  One of those details are the
structure of the caste system which is supported by MMY every time he
talks about it.  If what you said was true of the later texts, there
would be no Ayur or Stapatya Vedas with their detailed instructions.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > I think Vaj's point was actually nicer than the Vedic view of
> > Westerners as I understand it.  We are not even untouchables who are
> > in the caste system and can trace their Shaka or Ghotra back to the
> > original Rishis.  We are what MMY referred to in India as the
> > "mix-ups" because we have no clear lineage, and would require more
> > purification because of our low birth.  Vaj's point that such low
> > lifes can be used at will is not much of a jump.  In the Vedic system
> > the "unsee-ables", below untouchables, have to ring a bell so people
> > can avert their eyes as they walked around.  We are below that status
> > in the Vedic system.  We are out-castes, the lowest humans in the
> > Vedic system.
> >
> This all has nothing whatsoever to do with Vedic knowledge. The Vedas
> are the oral record of the Seers' cognitions of the vibratory
> universe. No more and no less. All of these misintepretations have as
> much to do with the Veda as do Catholic priests molesting children
> have to do with the life of Christ. It is all poisonous
> misintepritation based on waking state ignorance.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: