I feel no need
> to postulate a creator or a sentient being
> "behind" any of these phenomena; every single
> one of them could have come about as a result
> of nothing more than the eternal dance of karma
> and the free will of the individual dancers who
> inhabit the universe.
>
> That said, I am not particularly attached to this
> point of view. If someday I have an experience
> that can only be explained in terms of the
> existence of a sentient God, so be it.

I had a cool experience today, though I can't say it proves the
existence of God :-)

I was about to make breakfast this morning for my family. It was
late, more like brunch, and I figured to drink we'd just have one of
the bottles of sparkling apple juice left over from last year's
entertaining.

Then, randomly, I got a strong urge to make fresh squeezed OJ from
the oranges in the backyard. Seemed like a good idea, and I was
already preparing breakfast, so I quickly and immediately walked out
to the yard to get some oranges.

The roofers replacing the roof on a house in back of ours had just
shown up for work. I said good morning to one of them, and he said
he had just dropped his tool belt in my backyard, and could I please
pick it up and toss it to him? I did, he thanked me, I picked some
oranges, and went back inside.