--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, hermandan0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > Happy New Year everybody.
>
> Hey Curtis. Good to hear from you. Happy New Year!

Indeed. Good to hear from you. Welcome back to
the My-phone-is-better-than-your-iPhone-my-guitar-
knowledge-is-deeper-than-your-guitar-knowledge-
my-spiritual-kung-fu-is-better-than-your-spiritual-
kung-fu-my-dick-is-longer-than-your-dick discussion
group. :-)

Here's a guitar lesson by one of my faves, a fellow
from Amsterdam named Carlos Vamos:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=carlos+vamos&btnG=Google+Search

and click on the 'Guitar Lesson' link or the 'Listen'
links. He plays the guitar like a Chapman Stick. None
of the percussive stuff that people seem to be wowed
by, just a very subtle touch, and taste. For some,
that's still enough. :-)

If you've never seen a Chapman Stick or are a fan
of two-hand hammering, do check out the great Fergus
Marsh (best Stick player I've ever seen). You can see
a little of his work (although it's mainly lightweight
accompaniment) with the Steve Bell band at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E167FVqDF1M

The band has the added attraction of featuring
his brother Hugh Marsh, one of the best electronic
violinists in the world. Being a rather overt
Christian singer/songwriter, Steve's an either-
you-like-him-or-you-don't kinda guy, but like fellow
Canadian/Christian Bruce Cockburn he likes to
surround himself with great sidemen. These YouTube
clips are mainly to give those who are not familiar
with the Stick a glimpse of one. Sadly, Fergus does
got get to kick loose on any of these cuts; to watch
him when he does so is amazing.

As for Hugh Marsh, I'm looking forward to seeing
him back up Loreena McKennitt in her Paris concert
in March.