  Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:26:19 -0000
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sai Baba

  How do you know for sure ? In my opinion this is just wild
speculation, possible fed by rampant corruption in indian politics.
They have even arrested Swami Premananda and kept him in prison for
many years to try to get money from his western disciples. In India
there is no justice.

Question. In 2004, Shankaracharya of Kanchi (South India) was
arrested and charged with murder. To protest against his arrest,
Muslims and Hindus were united in marching. Some Hindu monks say
there is fear of `trial by media'. (1) Behind the case of
Shankaracharya' s arrest, are there any politicians' conspiracies to
get their own benefits using police force, as with the case of Swami
Premananda? (2) And furthermore, behind this sequence of plots
against spiritual persons is there the force of the so-called Black
Lodge? (3) Are the targets mainly Hindu spiritual leaders, because
Maitreya is now teaching in Hindu temples in London?

Benjamin Creme. (1) Yes. (2) No. (3) No. The attacks on spiritual
leaders in India come from secular, right-wing groups who believe
they are creating a `modern' India no longer being influenced
by `superstition and religious corruption', which, they believe, has
held India back in the past.

(The following questions and answers were transcribed from a lecture
by Benjamin Creme at Friends House, London, in November 2005.)

Q. A criticism I have heard of Sai Baba is that he does cheap magic
tricks. I have met a lot of his followers who have these really cheap
looking rings. He says he takes gifts from the elemental fields.
A. The higher you are the more people want to bring you down. You
can't get higher than Sai Baba. Those who are against Him want to
bring Him down. He has no need to buy cheap rings, He can make them
without effort. For Him it is not a miracle. The person getting it is
breathless, because they have a cheap little ring made by Sai Baba.
Audience member: My criticism is He is taking gifts from the
elemental field.
But you don't know if He is not putting it back!

TV dinner still cooling?