--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Direct perception and innocence are the keys here. Not
> intepretation or conclusion or imposition. Just as
> images of the universe from the Hubble space telescope
> are the result of innocence and direct perception, so
> is it possible to have such descriptions of our inner
> universe. And just as the Hubble had to be launched
> into space in order to produce its images free from the
> distortions of earth's atmosphere, so must we travel
> deeply into inner space to have direct and profound
> experiences, beyond a sense of silence, or a moment of
> peace, to the direct and unvarnished universe within,
> as vast and infinite as anything seen through Hubble.

Your choice of metaphor is interesting, Jim.
Do you remember the *history* of the Hubble
telescope. It was delivered into orbit with
astigmatism, its main mirror suffering from
spherical aberration such that its perceptions
of the universe were useless. It took a service
mission to correct the problem so that the photos
it took had anything whatsoever to do with reality.

You speak of "traveling into inner space" to have
"unvarnished" experiences, free of "intepretation
or conclusion or imposition." Do you feel that your
experiences are of this variety?

To come back to a simple point, the importance of
which you still have not gotten, when you declared
that Buddha believed that "God is love," was that
an "unvarnished" experience, free of "intepretation
or conclusion or imposition," or could it possibly
be a limited self imposing its belief in God upon
someone whose whole philosophy of life was founded
upon not acknowledging the *existence* of such a God?

I'm suggesting that your mirror is as abnormal as
any other, and that its reflections of the universe
are as distorted as anyone else's. Can you accept
that, in...dare I use the term...humility, or do you
hold that your perceptions reflect some kind of
"truth?" Just curious...