Great post; thanks for posting this ! In my time in the Movement I
have seen so many things out of the ordinary that it could fill a
book. I also know a lady who swears sh
e saw Maharishi not walking up the stair but gliding in the air. The
Blad brothers also capured at least 1 such incident on tape, long
before Maharishi introduced the Sidhis.
When his blue, english limosine finally caved in, the back seat was
taken to MERY Press where people had waitinglist for meditating in
it. Apparently the meditations on that seat was extraordinary
powerful.
The list of extraordinary happenings with Maharishi is very long
indeed. But I can see why he does not make it public for anyone to
see; it would create a wrong focus, away from his teaching, it would
turn him into some kind a sircus artist. Also I think those who have
an intuition, and think perhaps they know the greatness of this Saint
do not need  such "proofs". And those who are not interested would
not belive what they saw anyway, so why bother ?

> More West than East. I think the ratioanlist movement hit the west
> harder than India (you have never been there I guess). In India if
you
> believe in God, you pretty much believe in miracles. If you don't
> believe in divine intervention (which is sort of always outside of
the
> scientific paradigma), what's the point? Any great saint will be
> judged according to if he can perform miracles. Look at Shirdi Sai
> Baba, the greatest and best known of all the Gurus's. His spiritual
> career started with a miracle (he transformed water inro oil). No
> temple, where not miracles are attributed to.
>
> So if you talk about 'mainstream religious types', you must be
talking
> about the ones you know - that is in the west, maybe in TV -
certainly
> not in rural India. Each time I come to India I hear stories of
mirales.

> I just met a man who met Maharsishi in 1954-58, before he came to
the
> west, and he attributed what he called a miracle to Maharishi (In
this
> case its up to interpretation to call it a miracle, Maharshi caught
> plane in Madras even though he was 2 hours late - and so was the
> plane. One might call this also a coincidence or simply
sychronocity).
> Anyway, for him this was a proof that he is a great divine master.
(He
> also narrated that Maharishi initiated 200 people on that day,
> announced himself 3 hours before to arrive with a party of 15 people
> and that no rooms were there, when he came just some people moved
out
> and the rooms were there - he was a hotel owner at the time. He
still
> feels devoted to Maharishi. It is interesting to meet people from
this
> time. Maharishi had a meditation hall constructed in this place
where
> I and several friends went out to meditate sometimes, also friends
who
> had no TM-connection felt it was a good place to meditate. There is
> tree in front of the hall - Maharishi built the hall near the tree
as
> he felt it was supportive of meditation - another extraphysical
feat.)

> When I was in Gujarat, somebody told me of a lake where at
Shivaratri