Hi OffWorld,

>> Moreover, when meditating I am in effect praying to a god not of
>>my culture,
>> and of whom I have no knowledge, which leaves me deeply
>>uncomfortable.>>

>Why are you afraid of Gods? You are human for chrise sakes !
>Grow-up man.

Afraid? No, that was not my meaning at all. But rather, seeing no reason to
believe in the existence of an anthropomorphic interventionalist god or
gods, the act of praying to one natrually leaves me feeling uncomfortable,
both as sitting uneasily with my own beliefs, and as being potentially
insulting to one who does believe.

John