--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > In the 21st century people will only listen to research published
> > peer-reviewed scientific journals, not heresay, conspiracy theories,
> > and the meandering monologues posted here. This is a fact of life.
> > There is no getting away from that. It is the Rationalists Victory
> > over fundamentalism and tribalism. It is not totally perfect yet of
> > course, but in the next 20 - 50 years, it will become more and more
> > apparent what is efficacious and what is effluence. This is the
> > modern world.
> >
> Thus it would follow, and I presume you believe that, TM is an
> effective means to improve many physiologic and some cognitive
> functions. And that Ayur veda, Vaastu housing, jyotish,gems to ward of
> danger, yagyas, ghandarva music, darshan, the benefits of "being in
> tune with MMY's thinking", rajas, crowns, celibacy, Purusha and MD
> style programs, siddhis, the benefits of reading sanskrit literature
> (in sanskrit), listening to vedic pundits, reading ninth an 10th
> mandala of Rig veda, laws of manu, maharishi organic food (vs regualr
> organic food), etc are examples of irrational fundamentalism and
> tribalism and should be ignored.

This rationalist view is further supported by:
-----------------
Off_world
Scientifically speaking they are considered complete bunk and always
have been considered such by science. You have been self-brainwashed
into believing there is something to them, when there is no
convincing evidence for them . A born again christian has as much
evidence for the fact that a ghost named jesush made them feel
better.
No-one in the modern scientific world has any interest in any
religion or ancient rites unless it is verified in peer-reviewed
scientific journals. All of it is considered complete baloney by
science, unless it has some verification. That is the way it should
be.

And in addition to rejecting the above list, it appears to further
follow that all scientific rational thinkers should reject the notion
of higher states of consciousness (cc, gc, uc, bc and above) since
these have not been scientifically validated.

Further, it follows from your well-articulated view, that claims the
ME is the causal factor of the rise in the stock market, since it  has
not been published in peer reviewd journals, should also be considered
bunk.