> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think that love and critical faculties are mutually
> > exclusive. One should never abdicate one's critical faculties.
> > If a spiritual teacher tells you to do so, head for the door.
>
> I couldn't agree more, and find the assertion to
> the opposite -- that one "should" believe that one's
> spiritual teacher is "perfect" -- very curious indeed.

To me, the notion that Rick is "reducing Maharishi to a relative
personality, with flaws like all of us" is utterly bizarre. Reducing?
As if MMY or any other of the 6.5 billion humans on earth is somehow
*not* a relative personality with flaws like all of us? Rick's friend
sounds like he'd be shocked to learn that MMY also pees from a dick
and shits out of an asshole.