TurquoiseB wrote:
> I couldn't agree more, and find the assertion to
> the opposite -- that one "should" believe that one's
> spiritual teacher is "perfect" -- very curious indeed.

This seems to me to be a contradiction in terms - if someone
has a "spiritiul teacher" it would seem that they would have
to leave their critical faculties at the door. Otherwise,
why would anyone want to have a "spiritual teacher" in the
first place - they could just have a "critical faculties"
teacher, or take a course in logic at a secular college.

So, how, exactly, could an avowed athiest have a "spiritual
teacher", and for what purpose?