--Question below: did I stray from TM while (during the period)
Muktananda dug his fingers into my eyeballs, giving me Shaktipat?
Ans: Nope...not straying, just continuing my overall research into
various Gurus.  I've always practiced TM since 1967 but wanted to
confirm if there was anything else of value (in addition to TM, not
replacing it), through my own experience.  Is there?  Yes: Buddhism
but I'm still in the investigative stage and not quite ready to make
any "pronouncements". Also, chanting the Gayatri mantra is of value.
 I got initiated into Eckankar in 1970, also Guru Maharaji gave me
the "Knowledge" in 1970. In 1976 I was initiated by Thakur Singh,
Darshan Singh, and Charan Singh, and Madhusadandasji.; and I met
Muktananda in that year; (seeing him every day for several months in
1980). In 1982, the Kriya Yoga Guru Swami Satyeswarananda Giri
initiated me.
 All of the foregoing was simply part of my ongoing research. Also,
I've received intensive training in Fundamentalist Christianity, Hare
Krishna philosophy;, Mormonism, and was baptized as a Mormon in 1981.
I took refuge from 3 Buddhist teachers: Hsuan Hua (1976), somewhat
later Sogyal Rinpoche, and Kalu Rinpoche.
 I worked at SIMS as a paid employee from 1970 - 1973 but got fired
as a result of talking about various other Paths to people there...in
L.A.
 But basically for the last 25 years, I've been closely observing
people at work,who are not on the Spiritual path; since during that
time among the many hundreds of people I've worked with, only 3
were "New Agers". One was into Sant Mat, one was into astrology, and
another practiced Hatha Yoga. The rest are basically into Happy Hour
and shopping at the Home Depot on weekends. However, I might add that
there is a certain consistent percentage of co-workers - mainly Black
females; who regularly go to their respective Evangelical Churches ,
sometimes 3X per week. Impressive!...if one is into Fundamentalism.
 My ambition (among other things), is to find out what
makes "ordinary"  people -i.e. not on the Spiritual path - tick in
terms of their reluctance to practice any type of Spiritual Sadhana.
For the most part, I blame myself for not coming up with something
demonstrable to offer them.  Any talk of "pure Consciousness" only
meets with a blank stare.
 Perhaps a dazzing display of Sidhis would turn such people on. What
do you think?
 Nityananda in his early career was known to manifest various items
out of thin air, walk on water, and even stop a train in its tracks.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <rorygoff@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "qntmpkt" <qntmpkt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > ---Yea...Swami Muktananda - it appears from available evidence
> that
> > > he was quite adept at molesting underage Daughters of his
> disciples.
> >
> > Yes, so I've heard. Still a nice insight, and I appreciate
Shemp's