--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Who knows? It's interesting to think that one's physical
> remains from previous lives are probably still scattered
> around the world in various graves.

I was once standing in a museum, on a "field trip"
there with a buncha other Rama students, and found
myself fascinated by an Egyptian mummy. It wasn't
that pretty a mummy :-), just a buncha bones and
brown skin wrapped in rags, but I was fascinated
anyway. At that moment Rama walked by, poked me
in the side, and said, "Yep, that was you."

That and the proverbial three bucks...Starbucks, etc.

I personally have no memories of the Egyptian period
or any intuitive "feel" for having been there, so it
might even take five bucks at Starbucks.  :-)

As a kid I had dreams five or six times a month for
maybe ten years of myself swordfighting, using a long
sword held two-handed, in a fighting style unlike
anything I'd ever seen in the movies. It took me
seeing my first Japanese samurai film to "get" the
fighting style, and where and when the dreams might
have been glimpses of. Might have been. I can't be
sure, of course. I've had similar dreams of life in
Tibet, again starting from an early age, again
before I knew that there was such a place as Tibet
or what it looked like.

The only one I'm fairly sure of is that I paid my
dues as a Cathar perfecti at one point. When I go to
the Cathar chateaux and other areas frequented by
them here in France, I tend to have rather intense
visual flashbacks, and can often tell the people
touring the chateau with me what we'll find in the
next rooms and what they'll look like, before we
get there. None of us has been there before this time
around. They're usually freaked out by this; I have
begun to accept it as fairly normal. Go figure.

That said, all of these flashes don't really mean
much of anything, do they? They don't help us much
with our self discovery this time around much, unless
we can pinpoint some samskara in the past that still
needs work in the present.

I'm always amused by the New Age tendency to claim
that they were *famous* people in the past. The Rama
guy claimed he was Cardinal Richilieu; I can't see
that *at all*. And Shirley MacLaine's been any
*number* of famous people. Wasn't anyone ever the
scullery maids and the cooks and the janitors?  :-)