I'm guilty of using other people's money too.  I sought investors in
various business ventures.  I asked folks to "believe" in a future of
a project.  That's pretty spiritual, if you ask me.  I thought that I
had the right to ask them for the dough, cuz I DID believe in the
future -- I was, depending on who looks, a huckster, a seer, a true
believer, entrepreneur, etc.  So, I can't throw a stone at a Purusha
who is selling his "future" to others.

Then too, isn't every stock offering such a deal?  Believe in us,
company, product, etc. -- this is all spiritual/religious to me.  If
you want to hear a religious sermon, attend any company meeting in
Fairfield, hell make that any company anywhere, and I'd bet you get
some sort of prognostications requiring that the workers to mood make
about, outrightly declare true, have faith in, whatever.

It's all "my mind will lead yours" stuff if you ask me, and ya pays
yer buckazoids and takes yer chances.  Hard to throw a stone at any
Purusha for shucking and jiving, eh?

And what is "Democracy" or "War on Terror?" -- nothing but religious
beliefs in the future that a dogma, concept, army, can deliver.

Every politician is a Purusha type, right?  "I have special vision,
follow me in this darkness."

Every product sold says, "Believe in this future: buy this product and
obtain ________________ (fill in blank with a word for a wonderful
feeling.)  "Oh, Brudders O'Mine, ya can buy happiness in a can."

And most horrid of all, babies are promises we make to the world. "I
will deliver one fully responsible kid."  Just another promise no one
in the entire world can expect to be fulfilled in the ways imagined.

Some futures require less belief than others. If a thug has a gun
barrel poking an inch into my neck in a dark alley, I'm a big time
believer in certain concepts -- even though, hey, I could get blessed
from beyond, and the thug could convert to Hinduism right on the spot
cuz I happen to say my mantra aloud -- whatever.  Anything's possible
anytime.  No future is 100% guaranteed. Not a one.

You can hear the hammer click down on the firing pin, but that bullet
might be a dud.

There's that true story of that guy who got struck by lightning seven
different times in his lifetime, and he finally killed himself.  I
guess he had a strong belief none of us ever had, eh?

I buy a lottery ticket every now and then.  (Michael Porter in FF told
me that the lottery was a tax on the stupid, but I told him that the
slight thrill I get just when I'm checking the numbers is worth a buck.)

Future schmuture.  I say, take all the priests who promise futures to
be stood up against a wall and blasted with cream pies.

If everyone agrees, I'll start stockpiling pies for future use.

Edg