From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:52 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: New Policy and updated guidelines

--- In HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick
Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> Point 1, below, includes the following: "Please refrain from
> personal attacks, insults..." Since a few members habitually
> ignore this guideline, we're going to try putting some teeth
> in it. On a trial basis, those who can't refrain from "flaming"
> (personal attacks) or indulge in gratuitous profanity or sexist,
> racist, etc. slurs will be banned for a week, 2nd offense 2
> weeks, etc.

(FWIW, I won't be "reporting" anybody, publicly or
privately.)

Snip

These are all good points Judy and I agree with them. As you know, I have
been very reluctant to institute such a policy, for many of the reasons you
mention. I consider it to be an experiment, and I’ll drop it if it doesn’t
work. At t this point, my idea of personal attacks and insults are the more
blatant, abrasive ones. I have no problem with “you need a checking.” I do
have a problem with calling someone a f*ckhead or threatening them with
physical violence. Let’s see how it goes. There are more posts on the topic
which I have yet to read. Maybe I’ll respond to some of those.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:24 PM