From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 2:45 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: New Policy and updated guidelines

--- In HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick
Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of authfriend
> Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:52 AM
> To: HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: New Policy and updated guidelines
>

> --- In HYPERLINK
> "mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com"HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick
> Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Point 1, below, includes the following: "Please refrain from
> > personal attacks, insults..." Since a few members habitually
> > ignore this guideline, we're going to try putting some teeth
> > in it. On a trial basis, those who can't refrain from "flaming"
> > (personal attacks) or indulge in gratuitous profanity or sexist,
> > racist, etc. slurs will be banned for a week, 2nd offense 2
> > weeks, etc.
>
> (FWIW, I won't be "reporting" anybody, publicly or
> privately.)
>
> Snip
>
> These are all good points Judy and I agree with them.

But you aren't going to consider the warning system
I suggested, even on a trial basis. No surprise
there.

But I am. I put it in the guidelines last night: “Those who can't refrain
from "flaming" (personal attacks) or indulge in gratuitous profanity or
sexist, racist, etc. slurs will be warned, then if they persist, will be
banned for a week, 2nd offense 2 weeks, etc.”

I’m not going to have a trigger finger with this thing. I’m very reluctant
to pass judgment on people.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:24 PM