--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
>   These are all good points Judy and I agree with them. As you
know, I have been very reluctant to institute such a policy, for many
of the reasons you mention. I consider it to be an experiment, and
I'll drop it if it doesn't work. At t this point, my idea of personal
attacks and insults are the more blatant, abrasive ones. I have no
problem with "you need a checking." I do have a problem with calling
someone a f*ckhead or threatening them with physical violence. Let's
see how it goes.
>                            I agree with Edg on this one. Rick, if
you start to discriminate between "blatant, abrasive personal
attacks" and milder personal insults, you really do step into the
role of a judge. People are likely to get upset with you, comparing
their remark, which you ruled against, to someone else's remark,
which they feel was worse but which you allowed. Perhaps for this to
work it has to be entirely clear-cut: personal derogatory remarks of
any kind not being acceptable.

How is this different from the no-negativity
rule you found so oppressive in the TMO, Bronte?