Rick wrote:

  These are all good points Judy and I agree with them. As you know, I have
been very reluctant to institute such a policy, for many of the reasons you
mention. I consider it to be an experiment, and I’ll drop it if it doesn’t
work. At t this point, my idea of personal attacks and insults are the more
blatant, abrasive ones. I have no problem with “you need a checking.” I do have
a problem with calling someone a f*ckhead or threatening them with physical
violence. Let’s see how it goes.
                           I agree with Edg on this one. Rick, if you start to
discriminate between "blatant, abrasive personal attacks" and milder personal
insults, you really do step into the role of a judge. People are likely to get
upset with you, comparing their remark, which you ruled against, to someone
else's remark, which they feel was worse but which you allowed. Perhaps for
this to work it has to be entirely clear-cut: personal derogatory remarks of
any kind not being acceptable.

  Bronte