In a message dated 9/9/07 12:09:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

: FairfieldLife@ FairfieldLi FairfieldLife@<WBR>yahoogr FairfieldLife@ FairOn
Behalf Of  authfriend
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:52  AM
To: FairfieldLife@ FairfieldLi Fa
Subject:  [FairfieldLife] Re: New Policy and updated  guidelines

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
,  "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> Point 1, below,  includes the following: "Please refrain from
> personal attacks,  insults..." Since a few members habitually
> ignore this guideline,  we're going to try putting some teeth
> in it. On a trial basis, those  who can't refrain from "flaming"
> (personal attacks) or indulge in  gratuitous profanity or sexist,
> racist, etc. slurs will be banned for  a week, 2nd offense 2
> weeks, etc.

(FWIW, I won't be "reporting"  anybody, publicly or
privately.)
Snip

These are all good points  Judy and I agree with them. As you know, I have
been very reluctant to  institute such a policy, for many of the reasons you
mention. I consider it to  be an experiment, and I’ll drop it if it doesn’t
work. At t this point, my  idea of personal attacks and insults are the more
blatant, abrasive ones. I  have no problem with “you need a checking.” I do
have a
problem with calling  someone a f*ckhead or threatening them with physical
violence. Let’s see how  it goes. There are more posts on the topic which I
have
yet to read. Maybe  I’ll respond to some of  those.

They call it political correctness.