On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, C Bobroff wrote:

> Just over a space is fine but the font should be able to render it and the
> fontmakers don't always know what all people may want to type.

That's some other matter.

> If the fontmakers see it's a character on the keyboard, they might make
> an isolated form.

There is no need for an isolated form. The rendering engine (the program
that puts the glyphs in the font on the screen next to each other) is
supposed to render that.

> Then if the user can type anything and everything desired, great stuff
> can be written in Persian and we can stop this jpeg/gif/latin
> transliteration business!

We are also trying to get there. Only the details in the path we choose
are a little different.

> Best to make it as easy as possible to type everything!

Depends on how you define "easy". Try!

roozbeh